Saturday, September 8, 2007

The Frozen Lake

I saw it black down in the lake
The trees were frozen and i was shaking
Their fruits fell hardly on the ground
But they didn't rot or make a sound

I turned away from the water and then i heard somebody call
The world had been covered in shadows while i was aching against the wall
And i say: "Yes!", "you're all i have left, you and your frozen ground
But why have you changed, oh world, without making a sound?"

For long i wandered through the dirt and the rain
Some demons helped me through, some of them had me slain
And i knew no-one had followed me to that frozen ground
For my wounds never bled, never my screams had a sound

But all those demons kept screaming inside my mind
Erasing, killing all hope i tried to find
And there i laid, in that frozen ground
And there i died, silent, without a sound


***


Eu vi tudo escurecer no lago
As árvores estavam geladas e eu estava a tremer
Os seus frutos cairam pesadamente no chão
Mas não apodreceram, nem fizeram qualquer som

Eu virei-me de costas para a água e depois ouvi alguém chamar
O mundo tinha sido coberto por sombras enquanto eu estava a sofrer contra o muro
E eu disse: "Sim!", "és tudo e o que me resta, tu e o teu solo gelado
Mas porque mudaste, oh mundo, sem fazer qualquer som?"

Por muito andei eu pelo pó e chuva
Alguns dos demónios ajudaram-me a continuar, outros esquartejaram-me
E eu sabia que ningém me tinha seguido até aquele chão
Pois as minhas feridas nunca sangraram, nunca os meus gritos tiveram um som

Mas os demónios continuaram a gritar dentro da minha mente
Apagando, matando toda a esperança que eu tentara encontrar
E ali me deitei, naquele chão gelado
E ali morri, silenciosamente, sem qualquer som


Written by me. / Escrito por mim. (Original in english / Original em inglês.)


















(Photo taken by me.)
(Fotografia tirada por mim.)

11 comments:

phil said...

Hey. Cool Blog. I'll have to 'borrow' some inspiration for my blog 'against the sky' which I'm in the process of developing.

I actually have a shot of that buddha head in the tree in Ayuthaya which I took about 6 years ago. amazing...

Desolation Row said...

hey, phil, i cant see your blog... how about making it public?

JMac said...

just a quick note, i barely had a moment to really look at your blog though it looks...intense :) I will surely look as soon as I can. And for your (and everyone elses)viewing pleasure I have changed the blog up so it's much easier to read. Enjoy and thanks for the visit!

eu said...

Aconselho-te a não publicares os teus excelentes trabalhoe sem primeiro registares os direitos de autor. Alguém se poderá apropriar deles.


D. Galinha

Satia said...

Thank for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Your enthusiasm for writing is wonderful and I can't say enough about how much I appreciate your sharing it with me. I hope you continue making progress on your prose piece. I am currently revising a chapbook of poetry with free verse and some prose poems. Keep up the good work whether you are feeling the enthusiasm or not!

Unknown said...

I like it :) you've got definite talent there

eu said...

Se o pretendido se cingir apenas ao registo de obras, com o intuito de garantir a autoria sobre as mesmas, então deverás efectuá-lo na Inspecção Geral de Actividades Culturais, sita na Praça dos Restauradores, no Palácio Foz, em Lisboa, cujos contactos passo a indicar:

Telefone: 21 321 25 00
E-Mail: igacgeral@igac.pt

Um abraço.


D. Galinha

Naked Lunch said...

força nisso. de volta, vou aparecendo. grande abraço!

Naked Lunch said...

oi... da boss é uma loop station, das mais pequenas e um de delay, tb dos mais pequenos... costumo pedir emprestado... gosto de um de reverb, da line 6, soa a orgão...

Naked Lunch said...

ainda não somos nós... sou só eu... e ainda não me consigo levar muito a sério... a começar a explorar uma série de coisas depois de uma série de anos de bateria (que continua a ser o instrumento de eleição...). há que insistir...

tu és guitarrista? tens alguma coisa que se possa ouvir?

abraço!

Klatuu o embuçado said...

Escreves bem, preferi em inglês, mas as versões em português também estão bem.